Opening over the Holiday Period
Tier 2 opening
Recognising that many members will be looking for things to do over the upcoming holiday period, we will continue with tier 2 opening over the Christmas and New Year period.
This means a club member can book a court and the Club will endeavour to open to fulfil that booking. The booking will only be confirmed once we have a volunteer to open the club.
We would remind all members that the club is closed (including the office) unless they have booked a court.
During Tier 2 restrictions the club is closed to non-members, however a non-member may play once to determine whether they wish to become a member.
Tier 2 playing restrictions will continue, however four members who must be named at the time of booking can book Table Tennis for an hour. The members can be from different households and they will only be able to play singles. The individuals should socially distance at all times and clean the ball and table each time different individuals participate. The Court Covid Officer will be responsible for ensuring these protocols. Players must provide their own equipment.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and hopefully a better New Year
How do I book a court?
You can book courts up to 6 days in advance by contacting one of the booking officers listed below.
Nick Cochrane: 07853 145204
James Klanczkowski: 07419 843655
Steve Bridgeman: 07968 224505
[email protected] (please note the office is unmanned so we may take longer to respond to booking requests at this address)
When booking you will need to specify which sport, the date and time you wish to play and finally which player will be the “Court Covid Officer” and their contact or membership number.
Attendance at the Club to play
Do not arrive more than five minutes before your scheduled start
- Complete the attendance sheet in the lobby. Provide your name and advise if you have used the NHS test and trace app. If not, you will need a contact number or your membership number. Finally, you will need to note your arrival time. There is nothing to complete when you leave.
- Arrive ready to play except for court shoes
- Bring your own equipment* and refreshments (water bottle)
- Bring coins for the meters
*Tubes of shuttlecocks are available for purchase at £20. Please advise booking officer at time of booking
- DO NOT attend the Club if you or anyone in your household is displaying Covid-19 symptoms or if you have been advised you must self-isolate.
- You are required to wear a face covering whenever you are indoors, except when you are playing sport. This applies to anyone aged 11 years and over.
- Hand sanitise before and after playing (hand sanitisation points are clearly marked)
- Disabled toilet is available
- Leave the Clubhouse promptly after playing
- Please follow Government guidelines on social distancing.
Stay safe and well,