Notice Board Updates – November 2020
LB&SC Tier 2 Opening
We can confirm that the Club will be re-opening to members on Thursday 3rd December for play.
Details of what form of play and how you can book a court is set out below. With regards all court bookings, we will be following the same procedure we operated under at weekends pre lockdown i.e. you can book a court as long as we can find a volunteer to open the club at that time, although we will strive to accommodate bookings as if the Club was operating traditional hours.
The situation will be kept under review and furloughed staff may be asked to return if demand is higher than anticipated.
Guidelines as to what activity is permitted for indoor sports have been taken from Badminton England and England Squash and are as follows:
How can I play Badminton?
Unfortunately, under Tier 2 restrictions, Club organised sessions cannot go ahead.
How do I play Squash?
** A squash bubble is no more than six players and must be registered with Steve Bridgeman (see details below). You can move bubbles if you have not played with someone from your previous bubble in the preceding 7 days.
How do I book a court?
You can book courts up to 6 days in advance by contacting one of the booking officers listed below.
Nick Cochrane: 07853 145204
James Klanczkowski: 07419 843655
Steve Bridgeman: 07968 224505
[email protected].uk (please note the office is unmanned so we may take longer to respond to booking requests at this address)
Bookings will be taken for courts commencing on Thursday 3rd December.
When booking you will need to specify which sport, the date and time you wish to play and finally which player will be the “Court Covid Officer” and their contact or membership number.
Attendance at the Club to play
- Do not arrive more than five minutes before your scheduled start
- Complete the attendance sheet in the lobby. Provide your name and advise if you have used the NHS test and trace app. If not, you will need a contact number or your membership number. Finally, you will need to note your arrival time. There is nothing to complete when you leave.
- Arrive ready to play except for court shoes
- Bring your own equipment* and refreshments (water bottle)
- Bring coins for the meters
*Tubes of shuttlecocks are available for purchase at £20. Please advise booking officer at time of booking
- DO NOT attend the Club if you or anyone in your household is displaying Covid-19 symptoms or if you have been advised you must self-isolate.
- You are required to wear a face covering whenever you are indoors, except when you are playing sport. This applies to anyone aged 11 years and over.
- Hand sanitise before and after playing (hand sanitisation points are clearly marked)
- Disabled toilet is available
- Leave the Clubhouse promptly after playing
- Please follow Government guidelines on social distancing.